Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

Cool Cultural Festival

On Wednesday 17 of September all of Saint Patrick's School students went to the Hall. We went there to  celebrate cultural festival. We do cultural festival to raise money for Saint Patrick's School.

First my sister and I went to room 5 our the american pop group was. We went in and Mrs R told us to change to into our black clothes. I went into the toilets with my clothes and changed. After changing I went to make stuff with the glow sticks like necklaces, bracelets,  belts, and decorations for our hats. Then we went to walk to the Hall. On the way to the hall we were glowing.

When we arrived at the Hall I saw lots of people and I even saw the librarians that works at the Pamnure library. The american pop group sat for a few minutes and waited, then all the Saint Patrick's School students stood up and sang the national anthem with the Maori group dancing to it on stage and after the national anthem we turned around and sang the pacific greetings song. Then the Maori group danced to a really creepy Maori song they danced really good. Then the Maori group went off and Chinese Group went on stage. The Chinese group boys had to follow my classmate, Caleb since they didn't know the dance very well. After that the Tongan group went stage, they were wearing leave as clothes.

PhotoThen it was half time break. My dad bought me chips and a lemonade fizzy drink. My dad took lots of photos of my friends, Ace, Tristan, and I. We walked around talking to each other. Then we had to sit back down because it was almost time for the next dance.

After that the next dances were going to start. The European fusion were going to start. They danced very, very, very great they were almost better than our dance. When they were done it was my group turn to dance. I was very nervous but at the end I felt really proud. Finally it was the last groups turn, the Samoan group and when they danced every body in the hall was cheering out loud, they danced to very loud music, they were amazing, I thought they were the best group.

Then it was time to go home. My brother and I had lots of glow sticks. We played with them, they were really fun. I like cultural festival.

1 comment:

  1. Cool Dhon, I like your amazing recount. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.