Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

The Best Conformation


The Best Confirmation.
Have you been in a confirmation? On Sunday afternoon I went to the church to practice for the real confirmation.There were lots of people like my family, the priest and other children.Did you know that the confirmation is one of the seven sacraments?

First we practiced the responses. The children stood up straight.The priest asked six different questions. The responses were, “I do” and the sixth one was, “amen”. We had to practice again and again. The first practice was really, really, really, quiet then it got louder.

Then we did the anointing of the crism. All the children waited in a long, long, long line.When I  was on the altar my heart pumped and I was scared in front of all the people. The priest put his hand on my head. His hand was warm and soft. The priest ask me 2 more questions and I went back to my seat.

Then we talked about the real conformation.The priest said that on Tuesday is the real conformation.The priest also said Bishop Pat, the bishop of auckland is coming. We needed a loud voice  or the bishop won’t hear. We had to wear white clothes for the conformation.

Then we went home. I was extremely eager and excited for the real conformation. You should try going for a conformation and now I know whats it like on the alter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.